KP LLC is looking for a SR. Shipping Clerk with international processing experienceto join our Renton Facility.
The SR. Shipping Clerk is responsible for coordinating, processing and recording of domestic and international shipments utilizing electronic carrier systems. Typical hours are 8 am – 4:30 pm.
KP offers a competitive wage, full benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, PTO (paid time off) plan and 11 Company Holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process packages utilizing electronic shipping systems and barcode scanners. Specifically carrier provided shipping systems, such as UPS World-ship, Fedex Ship manager, DHL Easy-ship, local couriers and all LTL carrier BOL online systems. Knowledge of Agile shipping platform helpful.
- Prepare & process international packages following international shipping regulations and paperwork requirements, such as commercial invoices, Harmonized code look-up, assessing shipment values, NAFTA, Country specific entry requirements, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee activities and workflows in shipping area, under direction of shipping supervisor.
- Packing-out out items for safe transport, including fragile, hazardous, oversized, palletized LTL & FTL shipments while following domestic and international carrier labeling requirements.
- Assist in the development of SOP’s for job related functions, processes, and/or recommend method efficiencies and process improvements.
- Attention to detail - QC all orders packed out to control defects within orders, i.e. no shortages, overages, incorrect items, mixed orders, etc.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and act as a knowledge resource for the shipping team.
- Must have adequate data entry skills and knowledge of PC programs. Possess great communication skills
- Internal document archival, both electronically and physically of shipping documents
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma
- Lift-truck, order picker experience desired
- Minimum of 3 years shipping experience, 1 year international experience
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills; ability to read, understand and follow SOP’s, instructions and safety, security and quality procedures.
- Attention to detail. Reviews all work carefully for completeness and accuracy.
- Use self-management and follow-up skills to plan, organize and prioritize work activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Handles multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods of time, walk, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel; stoop, and bend, wrap and move loaded pallets.
Find out more about KP LLC at www.kpcorp.com
POSITION Sr. Shipping Clerk
NUMBER OF OPENINGS 1
LOCATION Renton, WA
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION KP helps companies accomplish more with their print and electronic communication programs. Our solutions combine the latest online technology with numerous capabilities in the marketing, document management, and product supply chains. Our value is to provide ways to work smarter and lower costs.
Supporting critical links in the direct marketing supply chain for over 80 years, KP delivers integrated print, direct mail, fulfillment, point of sale, database management, marketing response management, and multi-channel marketing services, and specializes in robust client data security processes, infrastructure and systems. Customers such as Nordstrom, Starbucks, Chevron, Kaiser-Permanente and Microsoft trust KP to design, implement and measure complex marketing and communications programs.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.