We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CATEGORYOperations DESCRIPTION
KP is currently looking for a full-time Stitcher Helper (Machine Associate) for our Salt Lake City facility! This position will be during the night shift, working Monday-Wednesday the first week, then Monday-Thursday the second week, for 12-hour shifts.
KP offers competitive wages, full benefits, 401K plan with employer match, 11 paid Company Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO).
The Machine Associate assists with the operation of one machine (such as bindery, mail and/or finishing machine.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with sets-up, maintenance, minor repair and operation of one machine.
- Operates and observe machine to detect malfunctions throughout the production run.
- Interprets job tickets or SOP's accurately so jobs are completed per customer's requirements.
- Selects samples and/or proofs for customer's review, as requested.
- Sorts and prepares output for next step in process.
- Understands and follows safety and quality requirements.
- Ensures the team members have adequate materials, tools, and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
The successful candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months to one year related experience understanding and working with bindery, mail and/or finishing machines; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic color and print experience a plus.
- Good verbal, written, listening and communication skills; ability to read, understand and follow SOP’s, supervisor instructions and safety, security and quality procedures.
- Uses self-management skills to plan, organize and prioritize work activities to use time efficiently.
- Reviews all work carefully for completeness and accuracy.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Identifies problems and notifies manager in a timely manner.
- Works effectively with others.
- Responds positively to instructions and procedures.
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
Salt Lake City, UT
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
KP helps companies accomplish more with their print and electronic communication programs. Our solutions combine the latest online technology with numerous capabilities in the marketing, document management, and product supply chains. Our value is to provide ways to work smarter and lower costs.
Supporting critical links in the direct marketing supply chain for over 80 years, KP delivers integrated print, direct mail, fulfillment, point of sale, database management, marketing response management, and multi-channel marketing services, and specializes in robust client data security processes, infrastructure and systems. Customers such as Nordstrom, Starbucks, Chevron, Kaiser-Permanente and Microsoft trust KP to design, implement and measure complex marketing and communications programs.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.