SanMar Corporation has been family-owned since 1971. Based in Issaquah, WA, we are an award-winning, national supplier of 21 retail, private label and mill brands. We supply apparel and accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, athletic dealers, industrial launderers and more -- whether they are outfitting a Fortune 500 corporation or the local bowling team. SanMar's success and growth can be attributed to one thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. We promote a culture that acknowledges the importance of a healthy work-life balance, recognizing that happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar. We encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual environment that taps your full potential as an employee.
Are you looking to join a dynamic, growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit and great values? SanMar is looking for an energetic, creative, detailed, self-starter to join our team as Training Coordinator. In this administrative role, you’ll be responsible for making sure all our training and development programs and projects run seamlessly. The ideal candidate has a ‘can do’ attitude, attention to detail, team spirit, customer service orientation, and can work independently. Working with the HR Manager – Training and Development, this candidate will coordinate events, review materials, market courses and resources, develop vendor relationships, and provide data analysis for SanMar Training and Development.
- Coordinate activities for in-house training events, including scheduling rooms, sending notifications, equipment setup, meals, and travel
- Manage Training and Development communications, including the Training and Development intranet site, Training email accounts and jot-forms, publishing training schedules and events, marketing, and inquiries
- Create and maintain curriculum database and training records
- Purchase training supplies and manage stock on hand
- Prepare and order workbooks, handouts, charts, and other training-related materials
- Build and maintain vendor relationships associated with training
- Manage and maintain in-house training equipment
- Format and proof-read in-house designed materials
- Provide data analysis and generate reports associated with training and development
- Primary administrator for LinkedIn Learning and Education Assistance program
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Requirements for Position:
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- High customer service orientation and forward thinking
- Flexible and able to shift priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to format materials and presentations
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
- Self-motivated; takes initiative to find and share solutions
- Strong analytic capabilities
- Commitment to flawless execution
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Proven work experience as a coordinator, event planner, or similar experience
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships
- Associate degree in Business, Communications, HR, or equivalent experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is a moderately quiet office environment.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
- Monthly employee events
If you are a service oriented person who would enjoy working for a company that provides a dynamic, family-oriented environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today, and learn what over 3,000 employees have come to know as "The SanMar Difference!"
SanMar provides opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
SanMar participates in E-Verify.