Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The purpose of the Yardworker position is to utilize the expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment clean and organized in order to provide our customers reliability, consistency and the highest standards possible. This individual is knowledgeable of heavy equipment and construction equipment. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
- Clean, maintain and organize heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery
- Review special orders from management
- Read invoices and shipping statements and file them properly
- Deliver/pick-up of parts and equipment from various locations.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of rental equipment
- Maintain work area and yard area in an organized manner
- Assist with service and maintenance record keeping
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Customer service skills
- Understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.