What types of information do we collect?
We collect two types of information about our Site Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific end user. We ask you for this information when you create an account on Site. Some of the information requested includes your name, country, languages spoken, mailing address, email address, gender, work history, education, etc. At the time of the request, this information will be identified as either mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information, you will not be permitted to create an Account and use the Site.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific end user. We collect this information automatically. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the Site you visited before coming to our Site, the URL of the Site you visit after leaving our Site, what pages you´ve accessed on our Site, how many times you clicked on specific areas, and where did you click during your navigation, the type of browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
How do we collect this information?
All the personally and non-personally identifiable information is collected via one of the following methods:
- Users inputting their data into our system, including:
a. Profile Information: After you sign-up, we encourage you to build out your user profile. By collecting detailed "Profile Information", we can optimize your job listings and provide you with more valuable content. Profile Information includes – but is not limited to – information regarding your professional resume, location, email address, contact information, pay history and requirements, military background, willingness and ability to relocate, personal and professional skills and experiences, education level, citizenship, credentials and clearances, organizational membership/affiliation, personal assessment test results and data, relevant web links, personal references and recommendations, social media presence, and other profile-related images, photos, video, audio, and text.
b. User Content: We collect any messages, posts, comments, articles, blog entries, user feedback, responses to polls/questionnaires, third party user information, links, images, text, photos, video, and audio ("User Content") you create, provide, upload, download, import, sync, and/or share via our Site. User Content embraces Profile Information, but specifically does not include your user password, personally identifying information, or financially sensitive information – unless such information appears in a public-facing, photo, image, audio file, video, or item of text, which we do not recommend.
- If you allow third party provider (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook) to connect with your Work of Honor Account, we may collect information from that third party regarding your profile, contact info, login information, user history, online contacts/friends, settings, and preferences; we may collect additional information from a third party provider as per your consent.
- Content of any contact you make with us. This includes recording customer service calls – as well as retaining, annotating, and memorializing electronic communications – for quality assurance, user data, and future reference purposes. If you contact us through email/social media, we will make a record of that email address/social contact.
How do we use the information collected?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To authenticate users and their profile information
- To perform services i.e. allow you to (i) create an Account, (ii) upload and display information, updates, Profile Information and User Content, and (iii) match with recruiters and job opportunities.
- To allow for payment for our services
- To improve the Site’s functionalities
- To improve our services and make them more targeted to customer needs
- To troubleshoot your specific problems
- To communicate with you regarding job opportunities, updates, security issues, and marketing/promotions.
- Inferences and Aggregated Information. We may use information and data generated by your User Content and other uses of our Services in order to infer patterns of behavior and factual information about you and other users. We will also use this information and data to create compilations and aggregated data; we use this aggregated (i.e. non-individualized) data for our own analysis, as well as for sale to third parties, such as market research firms and advertisers.
How do we protect information collected?
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Do we use "cookies"?
Yes. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and we will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Do we disclose the information we collect to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. The term “third parties” does not include our affiliate companies, vendors, service providers, and consultants. We may disclose information to third parties as follows:
- Sharing Profile Information with Businesses and Recruiters. Since one of our goals is to provide meaningful job opportunities, we may provide your individual Profile Information and contact information to our partners (e.g. recruiters and companies seeking to hire) for direct marketing and communications.
- Publication/Display of Profile Information and User Content. You should expect that any User Content you create, provide, upload, download, import, sync, and/or share in connection with the Site will be made public and searchable; it may also appear in connection with the advertising and marketing of Work of Honor services. Please be mindful of this as you create/circulate your User Content.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You may delete or edit your personal information by directly making those changes in your online account. However, the data may remain in our archives and databases, and cached information may appear in search results, and other individuals and entities may have already captured information you provided as User Content.
Also, you may choose to display only select personal information by making those choices in your account settings. However, you will not be able to delete the personal information which is mandatory to maintain your Account, without cancelling your Account.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
Minors: Minors under the age of 13 (18 for residents of Florida) may not use the Site. This site is for business professionals. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be a minor, and no part of the Site is designed to attract a minor. If you are under the age of 18, you should not be accessing this site.
Also, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical.
International transfer of Data: Our Site is hosted in the United States. If you visit our site from Latin America, European Union, Asia, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please be aware that you are transferring personal information to United States. By providing personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of it to U.S. and the use of it in accordance with this policy.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents: California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Site and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email to email@example.com, or standard mail to the Corporate Address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with Affiliated Businesses or Marketing Partners. The request should be labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
Online Policy Only
We also welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work of Honor LLC
1901 Jefferson Avenue, Suite 214
Tacoma, WA 98402